Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wedding Update #2



So a lot has gone on since I last talked about the wedding. Plans are coming underway, I'd say the guest list is 98% finalized, we have a better idea of how the reception will look, what we (or rather, I) want for flowers and decorations. And I have my dress!!! That is probably the most important part so far, I won't give many details of my dress away, I don't want the wrong person to see this post and know about my dress, but it is from one of Justin Alexander's collections and I am so excited to wear it. The day after we went shopping I spent a long time staring at the photos my future sister in laws and MOH sent me of me in the dress. We have plans to go bridesmaids dress shopping in the next two weeks, we have a cake tasting and a meeting with our officiant this month as well as plans and a date for our engagement photos. I have been so busy it is starting to get stressful, but I am managing. The hardest part so far has been saving the money, weddings are expensive and I am blessed to have parents who are willing to help, but I don't want to have to rely on them for everything so I have really been making an effort to save my money. 



WARNING: Mushy, Love-y content ahead:

In addition to planning the wedding I have had some pretty great realizations in the last month and a half since I've been engaged. I have realized how much I absolutely love Josh. That should be a no brainer right? But for real, I am looking at him with different eyes now. I look at him and it makes me want to be the best I can be, so that I can be a strong, loving support system for him and our future family. He makes me want to be a better listener, a better conversation holder, a better cook (I've been practicing my cooking skills lately), and just an all around better person. I always kind of knew he was the one, but now that we are planning our wedding I just want to be the best possible version of myself I can be for him because he is the love of my life. If that isn't love, what is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment