Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Love Yourself

It is easy for us not to love ourselves. In today's society we see beautiful people on TV, in magazines, on the internet and we can't help to compare ourselves to those people. We are always picking at parts of our body we wish we could change. My hair is too frizzy, my teeth aren't straight enough, my butt is too small, I mean how can anyone love me when sometimes I snort when I laugh? These are just some thoughts that cross our minds everyday. When you consume yourself with these negative thoughts about yourself you don't think of anything else. You forget that God made you the way you are for a reason. You are loved so much by him, he even loves those "flaws" you focus so much on, but to him you are flawless.

That is just one of the things I love so much about God. He loves every inch of me because he created me! I love God's creation therefore, I love myself. Society gives me so many reasons to hate myself, but God gives me none. Psalm 139:14 says "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well" God's works are wonderful, you are his work, therefore you are wonderful! Still don't believe me? Check out Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them" If you aren't loving yourself, how can you love God as He created you in his image.

Don't listen to society. Society is ugly, God is beautiful. You know how I know? YOU are created in God's image and YOU are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment