Friday, January 2, 2015

Here is to 2015!

One of my New Years Resolutions is to blog more. So here goes my first post of 2015, a reflection of 2014! A lot has happened in 2014. It has been one of the best years of my life. In fact, every new year I say that the previous year was the best year of my life and every year life gets better and better. I am not saying this to brag about how great my life is because of the experiences I have had or because of all the things I have done. I am saying this because I choose to focus on the positive aspects of my life. I want to look at the great things that have happened this year instead of looking back at the negative things.

I could look back at the year and think about all the times I was angry at my friends or family, or the multiple times I was depressed because all of my friends were getting jobs, getting married, having babies and I just moved back in with my parents, was jobless and didn't know what to do with my life. Or about that time I went to see a therapist because I felt like I was hitting a quarter life crisis and I struggled to get out of bed for weeks on end. I could focus on all of those things and look back at the year sad that I wasted those days in bed, or upset that I got so mad at my mom over the littlest thing. But I am choosing to look back at 2014 focused on the new friends I made, the adventures I took and the happiness I felt being surrounded with the people I love.

So here is to 2015! May we focus more on my blessings and remain positive about life!

In January 2014 my parents and I went out to celebrate Thalia's birthday with her daughter and my long time friend Chrissy.

Jess and I causing shenanigans in the back of the classroom during our least favorite class with our least favorite professor

Competing with these girls in our second year of being on the hip hop competition dance team at Signature Dance Studio!

My class presenting 4 years worth of work at our Senior Showcase 

That time I did a cartwheel next to David's beautiful backside at Piazzale Michelangelo while studying abroad in Florence, Italy

or that time I did a wine tasting at tuscan wineries. 

and that time I ate the best sandwich I have ever eaten in my whole life and swam in the Mediterranean Sea in Positano, Italy

I also poked the leaning tower of Pisa

And I watched America beat Ghana at the World Cup while enjoying a mojito at a gay bar in Florence, Italy
That one time I was so sick in Rome but forced myself to leave the hotel and see the Colosseum and was blown away by the size and history

My daddy and I at Alex and Bethany's wedding

Going to the Outer Banks with Josh's family and burying ourselves in sand because we can!

Being in a flashmob to support and inspire a local woman with cancer

Boating down the chesapeake with my best friend for my birthday! 

2014 was a year of a lot of spiritual up and down's and somehow Kim knew I needed a reminder to always have faith, so she gave me this necklace for my birthday!

My roommate got married and she let me take her wedding photos! 

Alayna and Jenna went fishing while we went camping and caught a bunch of Fish. It reminded me of fishing with my dad and grandfather when I was younger!

Going out dressed a rockstar and a guitar with Jess for Halloween

Photographing Tenth Avenue North's show at LBC

Spending time with my little Princess who gave me so much laughter and smiles on our Friday night date nights! 

Going to Skyzone with Josh to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. 

Getting engaged to Josh, my best friend and love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment