Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wedding Update #3


I promise I will post a blog post that is non-wedding related soon. But since I am currently drowning in the wedding planning I figured I would do another update while I am wrapped in my heated blanket (seriously, when will this cold weather end). 

I now have a videographer. I feel like I really struggled with finding a videographer in my price range. All the people I liked either cost more than a trip to Europe, or didn't have my date available, but with the help of some friends on facebook I hired my videographer today! I also picked out my bridesmaids dresses. It was a lot of fun to sit down and tell everyone what to try on and I have such a great group of girls who I love so much and who all have all been a huge part of my life for years. I have known Dana since Elementary School and we were roommates our freshman year of college, Chrissy, I have known since birth. Our mothers have been friends since before we both existed. And Jenna and Alayna I have known since I started hanging out with Josh, so over four years now.

In addition to the videographer and dresses, my guest list is finalized, I bought the bridesmaids jewelry and picked out their shoes, I have been in contact about lighting rentals from Stray Lights, I am looking at flowers for my bouquet, I have designed the invitations, we picked out what flavor of cupcakes we want from Red Star Bakery (her cupcakes are fabulous, seriously look her up and order from her) and I have started a budgeting spreadsheet (thanks Marissa). 

Definitly one of the biggest struggles we have had so far in this journey has been our engagement photos. We originally scheduled them for February 21 but we got snowed out and although a snow shoot would be fun, I would rather not have little white specks all over our faces. We rescheduled for today (March 1) and again, the snow came at full force. Let's hope and pray that the third time's the charm, as this snow is getting on my last nerve. Is it summer yet?

Countdown: 167 days left!


No comments:

Post a Comment