Friday, September 4, 2015

What I Know About Marriage So Far

This is my first evening away from my husband since we were married, so I figured it would be the perfect evening to sit down and write a blog post.

The thought of marriage always excited me when I was younger. I knew that when I was old enough to get married I would feel like I have finally made it into adulthood. I would be responsible, watch the news, wake up and have a cup of coffee while reading the paper, kiss my husband goodbye as he left for work, and then I, myself would leave for my very important adult-like full time job. But the reality is, I do not feel any different. I still love to watch spongebob, I still don't know what I want to be "when I grow up," I still majorly struggle with mornings and often have to push snooze multiple times before I actually can get the energy to get out of bed, and I still feel like the same Samantha I have always been. I am the exact same person, except now I have someone by my side to go through this whole "adult life" thing with me. And it only took me a little less than 3 weeks to realize that being married doesn't mean I am more of an adult than I was just a few weeks ago. But being married for a little less than 3 weeks did make me realize that I wouldn't want to be my goofy, immature, child like self with anyone else in the world. Marriage is not about being a "grown up" but rather figuring out the whole "grown up" thing with someone by your side to help you through the journey. I still have A LOT to learn about marriage yet and I know that I will be spending my whole life learning about it, but I am so glad that I get to do it all with Josh! Josh is goofy, kind, loving and such an amazing man I just could not imagine spending the rest of my life without him.

That being said our wedding trailer was uploaded today and I couldn't be more thrilled with how it came out! Josh and I's day was honestly the best day of my life, it all just feels like a dreamy blur to me now so I am so excited that we got Liam to make this amazing video for us! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment