Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wedding Update #1

Wow! I can't believe I am writing a blog post on my wedding. Like, is this for real? Am I really getting ready to spend the rest of my life with my best friend?

I decided I will focus a handful of my 2015 blog posts on wedding planning and to talk about all the fun I have preparing for my big day. So far Josh and I have decided on a date. It will be August 15, 2015, which only leaves me 8 months to plan. Luckily between my mom, my future mother and sister in laws and my friends I have a ton of help to make the day as wonderful as I could possibly imagine it!

In addition to picking the date I have been busy pinteresting some awesome ideas as well as sketching out ideas of my own. I have been looking at dresses, hairstyles, and more online. I have been working on our guest list, a girl doesn't realize how many people she knows until she has to put together a guest list! I also set up our registry. It took about 3 days for me to feel like I got most of what we will need when we move in together, but I am sure I will be revisiting it a few more times between now and August. The most challenging part of the registry has been looking for things for an apartment that doesn't exist yet. Josh and I don't know where we will be living after August, so I have to try to plan ahead for what we will need when I don't know what our future home will look like yet.

I am still in the baby stages of planning as I have only been engaged a few weeks, but the next 8 months are going to fly by so I need to get on the ball and plan as much as I can now so I am not stressing about it later.

I hope to share more information with you in the next few months as I start putting together a wedding site, I ask my bridesmaids to be a part of my big day and I continue planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment