Monday, June 22, 2015

Wedding Update #6


Well hello there friends and family! A few of you have asked me throughout the last few months "are you stressed yet" and I wasn't really sure how to answer. Was I supposed to be stressed? Well now I am feeling it! There is less than 2 months until I marry my favorite person on the planet, but there are so many small details I need to work through first! Luckily my family, friends, fiance and future in-laws are awesome and have been a huge help.

I also had my bridal shower yesterday! I am not a fan of surprise parties, so I made sure my maid of honor and my mother knew, and luckily they were awesome and let me contribute ideas for my shower! I felt so blessed and honored to be surrounded by so many amazing women who have influenced, motivated and inspired me at some point throughout my life and who I know will continue to do so as I journey through married life.

Some of the details I have been working on is the decorations for the ceremony, I am doing a handful of DIY projects and I am also still brainstorming on how I want to set everything up. After a few days of cutting the invites out, and stuffing them in the envelopes, the invites were finally ready and they went out today (YAY!) The girl's dresses are in, and the men's accessories are ordered! Most importantly though, our FastPass+ reservations are done, hooray for a Disney honeymoon!

The closer I get to the date, the more I realize how in love I am with Josh. I didn't know you could love someone so much, but everyday I find another reason to love him more than the day before (how is that even possible?) He has really been an incredible support system and when I freak out because I am afraid the day won't go as planned, or when I set to high of standards for our day to be perfect, he really pulls me back to reality. He reminds me that the day is not about what color the flowers are, how the reception looks, what food is served, what my hair looks like, or what music is played. The day is about the two of us. It is about our commitment as we start a new adventure. I can't wait to be able to call him my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment