Thursday, July 2, 2015

Coffee Popsicles

As promised, here is a blog post that isn't about the wedding!

Today I want to share a recipe I recently made that is probably my new favorite thing, coffee popsicles! I am huge fan of popsicles, I have been since I was a kid, I have so many memories running around in the back yard in the summer and eating popsicles. Now that I am an adult I figured I'd try to make a more adult themed popsicle. It is the perfect snack for summer mornings!

I started out with buying a popsicle mold. I bought mine for $5 at Five Below (hence why it looks like it should belong to a child) It even has a little straw at the base in case you don't eat your popsicle fast enough and it starts to melt so you can drink it. But let's be serious here, this is so good it won't have time to melt before it is all gone!



1.Start with brewing some coffee, I brewed about 6 cups and what I didn't use I put in the refrigerator to make iced coffee later.

2.Let the coffee sit to cool, it doesn't have to be completely at room temperature, but you also don't want it to still be hot.

3. Once the coffee is cooled pour about two cups (depending on how many popsicles you want to make, you be the judge of exactly how much you will need!) into a glass measuring cup.

4. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of sweetened condensed milk and stir

5. Pour the coffee and sweetened condensed milk into your popsicle molds

6. For more flavor or added texture you can add a small handful of chocolate chips to each popsicle. You can also add chocolate covered coffee beans, vanilla extract, flavored creamer, etc.

7. Freeze until frozen solid (I'd give it a good 3 hours or so) and Voila! You've got the perfect frozen coffee popsicle! :)





If you experiment with this recipe and make something awesome, let me know! I'd love to try it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment