Friday, July 24, 2015

That "Nae Nae" Song

Sorry I am writing a blog post on something so stupid, I just need to tell the internet how I truly feel. 

This song only has a total of 19 words in it, that are repeated entirely too many times for a song that is 3 minutes and 23 seconds long. That is less words than the vocabulary of most toddlers. I just can’t even fathom the meeting that went down at the record label when this song was being created. “Ok, so we are going to create a song that people will dance to at weddings and school dances, it is going to have less than 20 words in it, but it will be over 3 minutes long because we will just repeat those words over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Then we will take popular dance moves from the late 80’s pop and lock era and make kids think they are new and innovative!” Yea, that is pretty much about it. Why does the top 40 hits seem to get worse and worse with each song? Or... could it be... am I getting... too old? Perhaps! Either way, this song bothers me to no end. I just don't understand!

Here is a screenshot of all the words in the song typed into a publisher file!



Laina pretty much hit it right on the head with this video about it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment